Welcome to my blog. In the internet world, I am a little part that exists. Here you'll find recipes, rants, a few history lessons, and general silliness.
The WeatherPixie

archives


favorite links
Shop J. Jill!

Check out the weather

It's a girl's place

Cook! Create something yummy!

Vist Oprah Online!

My Flickr Account

Email Me

This page is powered by Blogger.

Monday, December 01, 2003
From Love to Adventure and onto VCR's

I used to like Celine Dion, but now I can hardly stand to listen to her. She mostly sings love songs....so naturally the word love is in the lyrics. What's the big deal, you ask? Well she has this tendency to put an rrrr in the word love. Something like this:

~excerpt from the theme to Titanic~

Lovrrrre was when I loved you
One true time I hold to
In my life we'll always go on...


It's not every time she says love, but 9 times out of 10, she's got the rrrr going. It makes me crazy! Listen next time you hear her sing....you'll see what I mean.

-

I don't watch Survivor, but I know plenty of people who do. I hear about what's going on and it seems interesting, but I just don't care to watch. This morning I heard that next seasons cast aways will be former Survivors who were kicked off the show. Now that seems interesting. Are they going to pick all the strong smart ones? I sense a cat fight (or two) next season.

-

Again, more reality TV. The Bachelor. Didn't watch it, but the radio station I listen to on the way to work always seemed to be talking about the show so I usually had some idea about what's going on. The Trista and Ryan union sparked my curiosity. When I heard they were to be married on TV, I set my VCR to record it. Turns out there are several episodes and they won't get married for a few more weeks. It's a good thing because last week when I was in San Francisco, my VCR didn't record the show. Greg announced when we got home that the VCR was on and it needs to be off for it to record. I know I set it and I am positive I know what happened.

My Mom came over to our house to sit with our cats for an hour or so each day while we were gone and to fed them. She watched TV while she was there. I'd bet good money she mistook the VCR remote for the TV remote. It's likely she sat there for five minutes pushing the on/off button to the VCR saying:

"Why won't this darn TV turn on!"

Then she saw the TV remote. This one has even more buttons (we have digital TV), so I wonder if she was even able to figure out how to change the channel.

So in all this commotion she left the VCR turned on and nothing recorded all week long. I love my Mom, but she has no clue about things like VCR's, computers, etc. I'm sure she had no idea she botched my recording up. It's okay, my cat's got fed and loved, and she's really good at that :-)



posted by Kitty Monday, December 01, 2003



home


Website Counter