Welcome to my blog. In the internet world, I am a little part that exists. Here you'll find recipes, rants, a few history lessons, and general silliness.
The WeatherPixie

archives


favorite links
Shop J. Jill!

Check out the weather

It's a girl's place

Cook! Create something yummy!

Vist Oprah Online!

My Flickr Account

Email Me

This page is powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, January 20, 2004
High of 26 ~ Low of 10

What am I talking about? Go to
weatherunderground.com (the best weather site out there) and type in Boston MA. You'll see that the high today is 26 and low is 10.

How do people live there? Wait....maybe the question is WHY do they live there!? I don't think I could deal....I really don't.

No way will I bitch about a high of 63 and low of 48.

*-*-*

For the low-carb kids out there ;-)

Low-Carb Grilled Pork Chops with Chive Cream

2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 shallot, minced
4 large pork chops

Chive Cream
1 cup whipping cream
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup minced fresh chives

1. In a shallow pan, stir together oil, salt, pepper, and shallot. Place pork chops in pan, coat with marinade on both sides, and let rest for 15 to 30 minutes.
2. In a small saucepan, combine cream and lemon juice over medium heat. Simmer until reduced by about one third; keep warm over low heat. Just before serving, season with salt and pepper and stir chives into warm cream sauce.
3. Preheat broiler. Place pork chops under broiler, about 4 inches from heat, and cook until browned on one side (about 4 minutes). Turn and cook second side until lightly browned and slightly firm. Serve chops immediately, drizzled with Chive Cream.





posted by Kitty Tuesday, January 20, 2004



home


Website Counter