Welcome to my blog. In the internet world, I am a
little part that exists. Here you'll find recipes, rants, a few history lessons, and general silliness.
This is a real life family run mortuary...that just happens to be in San Diego. You see what goes on behind the polite facade of "I'm so sorry for your loss". This show will give you high blood pressure if you watch it. There is always something stressful going on. On the show last night, the mortician finds out at 10am that they have to have a body delivered to a grave side funeral at 10:30am. None of them remembered this. The body is not ready to go, they still have to get it into the casket and drive to the cemetery. They got there late - the driver was pulling into the cemetery 5 minutes before the service was to start. It seemed to go well once they got there, but as I watched, I could not help but wonder if they had the right body in the casket? They were so rushed....and I mean rushed to get there on time, that I wondered if they could have mistakenly delivered the wrong body? It was closed casket, so we will just have to assume it was the right one. They also blew a fuse and the lights went out just before a family was going to arrive for a service there at the mortuary. Then, they were almost late getting a body to the airport to be sent back east. I tell you, it was stressful to watch this because you know grieving people are waiting or a family is about to show up, and they pull things off with minutes to spare. I have to wonder what the families of the deceased people featured on this show are thinking after they watch this. I would not be amused. This is very touchy stuff that they are, in a way, making light of. I also have to wonder if they will get less business because they seem so disorganized. No one would know all this stuff, but now we get to see all the drama. Hummm.
I don't think I'll watch it again. Six Feet Under isn't real and is actually more about the family rather than the business, so I can deal. But this is real life and I can't get into it.
--
So I know you are wondering what jeans have to do with all of this.
Some of you might read O Magazine....Oprah's magazine. In the current issue on page 90, she features some jeans that she says she "I have fallen in love with my jeans". Okay, I'm interested after I read that. Then I see how much they cost. Before I tell you the price, I'll tell you that I think $30 bucks is a lot for jeans. These puppies are $165 dollars!!
I'm sorry, I cannot spend $165 on a jeans. I also won't spend $245 bucks on a pair of espadrilles - page 217. For the boys out there, those are shoes. That is outrageous. I don't care how good your butt looks in the jeans or how sexy your calves look in the shoes, that's just crazy. However, I would spend $14 on the crate of fruit candles - page 89 ;)