Welcome to my blog. In the internet world, I am a little part that exists. Here you'll find recipes, rants, a few history lessons, and general silliness.
The WeatherPixie

archives


favorite links
Shop J. Jill!

Check out the weather

It's a girl's place

Cook! Create something yummy!

Vist Oprah Online!

My Flickr Account

Email Me

This page is powered by Blogger.

Sunday, September 12, 2004
Happy Birthday - Part II

Happy Birthday, Laura!

I met Laura when I was in 11th grade. I was shy and usually ate lunch alone. One day I was in the locker halls and I saw her and a few other girls laughing and talking. I was scared to approach, but I guess I was finally tired of being alone, so I went up and said hi. The rest is history. I have met a lot of people over the years, but she is the only one who sticks with me. She knows me well....we can do that silent conversation thing....talking to each other with expersions and body language. We're like peas and carrots ;->

A simple friend can stand by you when you are right.
A real friend will stand by you even when you are wrong.

A simple friend identifies herself when she calls.
A real friend doesn't have to.

A simple friend opens a conversation with a full news bulletin on her life.
A real friend says, "What's new with you?"

A simple friend has never seen you cry.
A real friend has shoulders soggy from your tears.

A simple friend doesn't know your parents' first names.
A real friend has their phone numbers in her address book.

A simple friend brings a bottle of wine to your party.
A real friend comes early to help you cook and stays late to help you clean.

A simple friend hates it when you call after she has gone to bed.
A real friend asks you why you took so long to call.

A simple friend seeks to talk with you about your problems.
A real friend seeks to help you with your problems.

A simple friend wonders about your romantic history.
A real friend could blackmail you with it.

A simple friend, when visiting, acts like a guest.
A real friend opens your refrigerator and helps herself.

A simple friend thinks the friendship is over when you have an argument.
A real friend knows that it's not a friendship until after you've had a fight.

A simple friend expects you to always be there for them.
A real friend expects to always be there for you!






posted by Kitty Sunday, September 12, 2004



home


Website Counter