Welcome to my blog. In the internet world, I am a little part that exists. Here you'll find recipes, rants, a few history lessons, and general silliness.
archives
favorite links Shop J. Jill!
Check out the weather
It's a girl's place
Cook! Create something yummy!
Vist Oprah Online!
My Flickr Account
Email Me
PeanutsOn Easter, my Mom always hid peanuts for me. The ones in the shell. I have no idea why she hid peanuts, but I just loved the peanut hunt. There was always one hidden on the ledge above the oven......and one under the hem of the curtains in the living room. Oh, and one balanced on the handle of the front door. After I found them all, I'd open my basket of sugar-filled treats....chomped the ears off the chocolate rabbit. Then I'd watch that old black and white movie....what's it called.....some thing about an invisible rabbit. I watched it every year, but what's weird is, I have no idea what it's about!? Nor can I recall the name of it. I bet it was on yesterday. We never went to church on Easter....my family just wasn't the church going kind when I was a kid. I was asking Greg what Easter is all about....being a heathen and all, I don't really know. So he explained and I found it rather interesting. His family did go to church....he was even an altar boy and went to a Catholic school. I think he'd take me to church if he wasn't so worried that I'd ask someone about this immaculate conception business. See, I just don't get that. He tells me this is part of having faith. I only ask questions because I'm curious...not because I'm trying to be difficult....and he tells me to have faith. I pause and just look at him for a second....then, puzzled, I ask again...."but how is that possible?" He just sighs. I do think this is why he has not taken me to church.--- posted by Kitty Monday, March 28, 2005
home