Welcome to my blog. In the internet world, I am a little part that exists. Here you'll find recipes, rants, a few history lessons, and general silliness.
archives
favorite links Shop J. Jill!
Check out the weather
It's a girl's place
Cook! Create something yummy!
Vist Oprah Online!
My Flickr Account
Email Me
Sad NewsSuzie, our youngest cat, is very sick.Sunday night she suddenly stopped eating and drinking. Monday when I left for work she was laying on our bed but she wasn't being herself. When I got home Monday night I noticed she was in the same spot in the same position as she had been in when I left. This was when I was sure something wasn't right. We could not get her to eat or drink. Tuesday I took her to the doctor and they did $700 worth of tests....none of which told them a thing about why she wasn't eating. There was something that was very odd tho. Her spleen was 3 times it's normal size. Unsure of what was ailing her, they sent her home. We sat here wondering what the heck to do. I was told that if she wasn't better by Thursday to bring her back and they would do an ultra sound on her spleen. I was annoyed that they didn't want to keep her over night...how exactly were were things going to get better by Thursday?? That seemed a long time to sit around and wait.This morning things seemed to be getting worse. She went under the bed and wouldn't come out. Cats do this kind of thing when they are dying. I got in touch with a friend of mine who is a vet and told her the whole story.....the end result was a referral to a pet hospital. At about 3:30 today I got the news that Suzie has cancer in her spleen and in a section of her large intestine. They suggested surgery but told me this is not a cure. She will likely only live about 6 more months.I called Greg who got to the pet hospital in about 5 minutes. We made the decision to go ahead with the surgery even tho we know it isn't going to "fix" her. Whatever time we have left with her will be worth all the money.Not too many people know the sweet side of Suzie. She stays away when we have company and isn't a social drangonfly like her brother Calvin. But she is sweet and very affectionate. She loves to come up and get right in my face when I'm in bed...always ready to be lovely dovey and have her head rubbed. When I stop petting her, she nudges and licks my hand as a way of asking for more. And she has the cutest face. Such a beautiful sweet face.I just wasn't ready to make the decision to end her life. In 6 months...or however long...that decision will come again....but until then she will continue to be a bright spot in our lives.--- posted by Kitty Wednesday, June 29, 2005
home