Welcome to my blog. In the internet world, I am a little part that exists. Here you'll find recipes, rants, a few history lessons, and general silliness.
archives
favorite links Shop J. Jill!
Check out the weather
It's a girl's place
Cook! Create something yummy!
Vist Oprah Online!
My Flickr Account
Email Me
CrashThe other day I was flipping thru the movie listings on my DVR and saw the movie "Crash" was going to be on. Cool. Since it just won best picture, I set it to record and I watched it last night. Started off a little strange....people having sex in an airplane hanger....okay, whatever. Then, I see James Spader is in it. Humm....didn't recall seeing him at the Oscars....but I love him on the show Boston Legal, so this seems like a good sign. Then....a car crash. So far it's not a very gripping movie....but I figure it will get better. Then....more sex.....and I mean more sex like every 5 minutes. And it wasn't "normal" sex....it was weird car carsh fetish sex! No, not kidding, folks.I recall hearing some people could not believe it won an Oscar....and I could not believe it either. This won an Oscar? It was weird! Well, whatever. I guess me and the members of the academy don't agree on movies.So...this morning I get to work and have a chat with a co-worker. I told her I watched it and asked if she had seen it. She had....and liked it.Liked it!? Huh!?After a minute of chatting, it became clear we are not talking about the same movie. Here is the plot outline for "Crash"....filmed in 1996:After getting into a serious car accident, a TV director discovers an underground sub-culture of scared car crash fetish victims and tries to use that to rejuvenate his sex life with his wife. Since a road accident left him with serious facial and bodily scarring, a former 'TV scientist' has become obsessed by the marriage of motor car technology with what he sees as the `raw sexuality' of car-crash victims. The scientist, along with a crash victim he has recently befriended, sets about performing a series of sexual acts in a variety of motor vehicles, either with other crash victims or with prostitutes who they contort into the shape of trapped-corpses. Ultimately, the scientist craves a suicidal union of blood, semen and engine coolant, a union with which he becomes dangerously obsessed."Yeah, I told you it was really weird. So there are two movies called Crash....I had no idea. I wonder how many other people watched it thinking it was the Oscar winning version? posted by Kitty Tuesday, March 21, 2006
home