Welcome to my blog. In the internet world, I am a little part that exists. Here you'll find recipes, rants, a few history lessons, and general silliness.
The WeatherPixie

archives


favorite links
Shop J. Jill!

Check out the weather

It's a girl's place

Cook! Create something yummy!

Vist Oprah Online!

My Flickr Account

Email Me

This page is powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, April 06, 2004
I'm So Blonde

Sometimes things happen and I know people are saying "She's such a blonde!" to themselves. This is a story of one of those times.

Many years ago I worked for a little software company in Pacific Beach. My bank was directly across the street, so when I needed cash for the weekend, it was really convenient to just take a break and run over and use the ATM. One day I go over and my card won't work and the machine sucks it in.

Damn.

I go in the bank and they tell me they'll issue another one and I'd get it in a week or so. Fine. I get the new card, the machine sucks it in again.

This whole process happened 3 times. It was .really. annoying.

I got to know the bank manager very well as I was in there every week because there was something wrong with each of the cards they sent me. The manager told me he thought it was something with the pin number not being correctly coded onto the strip of my card. Whatever, I just wanted it fixed.

The fourth time it happened I knew something was wrong. The machine was taking too long to process and I could tell it was thinking of sucking my card in. So I cancelled the transaction and it spit it out. This was the only time I actually got the card back. I went into the bank and had a cow. The manager coded the strip for me right there in the bank and we went out to the ATM together and it worked fine. We were both very happy. My card finally worked and he would not be seeing me again.

So I went back to my office and was telling all the girls I worked with about it....they were well aware of the problem. My manager asked me if I had something in my purse that maybe was "zapping" the magnetic strip on the card. I got my purse out and started taking everything out item by item.

"No, there's nothing in here that would zap my card. See, I have my wallet, my keys, my sunglasses.....and oh, I have this gigantic magnet in here, too..."

They all just looked at me as I produced one of those hide-a-key things that has a hefty magnet on it so you can hide it under your car.

This is the part where they all were saying "She's such a blonde!" to themselves.

I was always locking my keys in the car. Always. So this seemed like a good thing for me. But I was just so leery about actually using it. I mean, all a thief had to do was look around under the car and they'd find it.

So I kept it in my purse. Yeah, I just tossed this mega strength magnet in there and never considered it was a problem....until that moment.

And you know I didn't tell that poor bank manager it was really me that was zapping my card as soon as I put in it my purse.

Such a blonde sometimes...


posted by Kitty Tuesday, April 06, 2004



home


Website Counter