Welcome to my blog. In the internet world, I am a little part that exists. Here you'll find recipes, rants, a few history lessons, and general silliness.
The WeatherPixie

archives


favorite links
Shop J. Jill!

Check out the weather

It's a girl's place

Cook! Create something yummy!

Vist Oprah Online!

My Flickr Account

Email Me

This page is powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006
Revelation

Okay, maybe revelation isn't the right title.

I've learned some things about myself in the past weeks. I'm a "sensory" kind of person. I have an acute kind of way of dealing with experiences. This is hard to explain but I'm going to use movies as an example. I can't see movies like Schindler's List. Some people can see movies like that and they leave feeling emotions but they get over it. I leave and feel terrible....it's harder for me to shake horrible things like that....I "feel" it more....it stays with me longer. So I know that kind of movie isn't for me and I just don't see them. I also know I'd be a terrible teacher. If I had a student who had issues at home or with other kids or whatever, I'd step in...but I'd have way too much emotion about it. I'd want to help more than I should. So things go deeper in me than with others. I can't distance myself from experiences as well as others can. So when things get bad, it really sinks in with me. And if a bunch of stuff happens, it ALL sinks in.

That's kind of where I'm at right now.

I can't change who I am and how I feel about things. I am who I am for a reason. There isn't anything wrong with being this way.

That right there might actually be a revelation.

People will tell me I have to be less sensitive....but that's not it at all. And that is poor advice becuase it makes people think there is something wrong with being sensitive. There are good things about being sensitive....but you hardly ever hear about those things. When there is joy and delight....we feel it.....when there is passion, we feel it...in spades. It isn't always about bad things. It's true some people can be a burden because they are just too stuck on very little thing....and this does not apply to them. But people who have a sensitive nature about them like I do....we just need to understand there needs to be some balance. If your life is tipping too far one way, it's easy to get pulled in deeper and deeper.

I'm working on some balance.

posted by Kitty Tuesday, May 30, 2006



home


Website Counter